Monday, April 26, 2010

Search Engines, AdSense Analytics and Facebook

If no traffic is driven to my pages, there will be no earnings. To help speed up the process by which the search engine "finds" my articles, I have previously added the URL of each article to Google. I just did the same with Bing.

AdSense Analytics are available for anyone who has an AdSense account and wants to sign up, so I did. However, Analytics are only be available for this blog and for Snipsly; not for Xomba, SheToldMe, or RedGage because those sites provide space to write WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) but don't allow the writer to see or edit the HTML code that is behind WYSIWYG. From now on, when writing for Snipsly, I'll need to add my Google Analytics tracking code.

To receive up-to-the-minute announcements via Facebook, I found (and clicked "like" to become a fan of) Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Xomba, Kontera, and RedGage. RedGage doesn't seem to have much activity, so may not be sending helpful updates. Snipsly and SheToldMe are absent. There's supposed to be a way to link one's Facebook account with RedGage, but I've not be able to do that. Has anyone had success with this? I uploaded four photos of my African violets to RedGage. Take a look!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is jenicoe2001 from ehow! I am so impressed with your blog! This info is great! I added myself as a follower. I hope you will follow my blogspot blog too! BTW I am Jenni Coe on facebook. Again, excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenni, and welcome! I'll look up your blog.

    ReplyDelete